Terms & Conditions
Eco Beach Resort Byron Bay Booking Terms & Conditions
By proceeding with your reservation, you are acknowledging that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions as indicated below.
At Eco Beach Resort, there is a strict ‘NO PARTY’ policy and we reserve the right to expel any guests that may disrupt the enjoyment of other guest, through noise or behaviour issues. Excessive noise and music is prohibited. If guests fail to meet these expectations and are expelled, there will be no refund and possible loss of security bond.
Office hours are Monday – Saturday 8:00am – 5:00pm and Sunday 9am – 3:00pm.
Check-in time is 2:00pm and Check out is at 10am.
If arrival time is outside of office hours, please contact reception prior to arrival date to organise check-in.
Payment, Cancellation and Security Deposit policies
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room types, dates booked (standard season & peak season) and policies set by our third party online travel agent websites.
For bookings made via our website or office:
- A cancellation fee of $25 applies to all cancellations.
- If cancellation is made up to 14 days prior to your scheduled check-in, a $25 cancellation fee will be deducted from any monies that you have already paid.
- If cancellation is made between 14 days to 48 hours of book and stay, a $50 cancellation fee will be deducted from any monies that you have already paid.
- If cancellation is made within 48 hours of your scheduled check-in time, a 100% cancellation fee will apply and you will be required to pay Eco Beach Resort Byron Bay the full amount of your booking less any amount which you have already paid.
The above cancellation policy applies except for bookings that fall into the Easter, Christmas & NY, School Holiday periods and for major Festivals, where the following charges will apply for each room booked:
- Up to 30 days prior to your scheduled check-in time, a $200 cancellation fee (or the full amount of your booking if your booking is less than $200) will apply and you will be required to pay Eco Beach Resort Byron Bay that amount less any amount which you have already paid.
- Within 30 days of your scheduled check-in time, a 100% cancellation fee will apply and you will be required to pay Eco Beach Resort Byron Bay the full amount of your booking fee less any amount which you have already paid.
Furthermore, we reserve the right to take a security deposit upon you’re your arrival by the way of $50 – $200 pre-authorisation per apartment. As per the terms on the guest registration form, this authorizes us to charge any costs for damages, cleaning or breakages directly to your credit card.
Credit Card Surcharges
A surcharge of 1.6% on MasterCard & 1.6% on Visa and 3.35% on AMEX will be applied to all credit card charges.
Maximum Number of Persons
Studio Apartment – 2 persons;
1 Bedroom Apartment – 3 persons;
2 Bedroom Apartment – 5 persons.
At no time during your occupancy is the number of guests staying to exceed the number booked, unless prior approval is sought and given by management. The use of extra beds other than the number booked will attract an additional tariff. Any persons exceeding the maximum occupancy of the property will be considered trespassers and will be evicted.
No Smoking Policy
All apartments are SMOKE FREE. Smoking is permitted on your outdoor balcony/patio. If there is any evidence of smoking inside rooms you will be charged an additional $300 for a specialised clean. Please ensure doors and windows are closed if smoking near rooms.
Cleaning and Removal of Rubbish
All apartments are fully self-contained and are required to be left in a neat, clean and tidy condition. All rubbish needs to be removed into the bins located in the downstairs garage or bins located near the front of the property. An additional fee (minimum $35) will be charged if considered necessary.
For the comfort and enjoyment of all guests, please ensure that noise and/or music levels are kept to a reasonable level at all times. The number of non-paying guests/invitees is limited to 2 per apartment and must leave before 8pm. Parties of any description are not permitted. Disturbance to other Eco Beach Resort Byron Bay guests and neighbours may result in eviction without refund. If a noise complaint is received a first warning will be given, if a second complaint is received this will result in immediate eviction with no refund.
Swimming Pool Policies
Open 8am to 9pm daily.
- Pool areas are exclusively for registered hotel guests only.
- There is no lifeguard on duty so swimming is at your own risk
- An adult must accompany children under 12 years at all times.
- No smoking or e-cigarettes allowed in pool area.
- Diving is not permitted.
- Any injuries should be reported to reception immediately.
- Guests must comply with pool policies. Violations could result in being asked to leave the pool area or premises.
Complimentary Starter Pack
A complimentary starter pack has been provided for your convenience on arrival. This includes items such as tea, coffee, sugar, dishwashing powder, toilet paper, laundry detergent as well as linen and towels. Please note these items will not be replaced during your stay as these are non-serviced and self-contained apartments. Additional items can be purchased from reception during office hours if required. Please note that there are washing machines and dryers located next to reception for complimentary use.
Eco Beach Resort Byron Bay provides guests with 1GB of free WiFi per device per day. After WiFi voucher has run out, additional WiFi can be purchased. The operation of any internet connection is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or not available. Our WiFi service is intended for email, instant messaging, internet browsing and using apps, which we consider fair use. Transferring large amounts of data uses up bandwidth and may reduce the speed at which other users of the WiFi service can access it.
Breakages and Damages
Any breakages, damage to apartment or lost keys ($285 per key) must be paid for by the tenant. Please report any breakages or appliance failures to the office. We reserve the right to charge your credit card or keep any security deposit to help cover the costs of any breakages or damages.
Security/Call out Charges
In the event that Eco Beach Resort Byron Bay employee/security company have to be called out (out of office hours) due to a complaint or misplaced keys, an “out of office hours” fee of $150 will apply. We advise that you should take care to lock and secure your apartment and valuables at all times. We do not take any responsibility for personal items that are lost or stolen.
You acknowledge that we do not accept liability for any injury, damage, loss, additional expenses and disruptions due to electrical storms or other acts of God caused directly or indirectly by events, which are beyond our control and agree not to may any claim in relation thereto.
Breach of Terms and Conditions
You agree that, should you or your guests breach any of the terms and conditions:
You will pay to us the total loss or damage that we suffer as a result of that breach and hereby authorise us to debit your credit card or apply your refundable deposit in payment of that loss or damage and we may evict you and your guests without notice